Would you like to join a small team in a young and growing company?
Longboat JAPEX, a small oil and gas company, is looking to recruit an Economist with financial modelling experience to join their team in Stavanger to support its growth ambitions in Norway.
The company is a joint venture between Longboat Energy plc (UK) and Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd. formed in 2023. In Longboat JAPEX you get to be a part of a company which believes in the future of the NCS and which offers rewarding tasks and responsibilities for the right candidate.
- Undertaking and updating the economic evaluation of the existing portfolio and potential acquisitions
- Assisting in identifying and pursuing specific oil & gas growth opportunities from initial screening to completion (including asset & corporate acquisitions, exploration farm-ins/outs and swaps)
- Running and updating the working capital model and associated budgets and long-term plans
- Supporting the preparation of materials for Executive management and Board in relation to transactions, other business decisions and quarterly board meetings
- Assisting in preparing the Group’s quarterly macro-economic analysis
- General industry analysis and competitor intelligence
- Assisting the analysis for commercial aspects of the existing portfolio and potential acquisition
The role will functionally report to the Commercial Manager
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- 0-5 years experience in financial modelling, experience of the oil and gas industry through working for an oil and gas company consultancy or investment bank
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Work well in a small team
- Able to perform under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Competitive salary, bonuses and long-term upside, and benefits such as pension, insurance scheme and additional days of holiday.
- Challenging tasks in a dynamic and technically strong environment with the opportunity to grow, learn and be creative.
- International working environment and an inclusive culture.
- Newly renovated and modern office located in Stavanger Harbour.
For more information please call Grethe Borg 905 21 929
Kandidater vil bli vurdert fortløpende