Sourcing Specialist – Buying/Procurement
Duration: 03.07.23 – 07.02.24
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Sourcing Specialist to work on buying and procurement in the oil and gas industry. This is a 7-month contract based in Stord, and is an excellent opportunity for junior buyers to gain further experience in purchasing.
As Sourcing Specialist, your tasks and responsibilities will include the following:
- Place and follow-up on POs.
- Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution.
- Manage problems and schedule changes.
- Update ERP.
- Elaborate on proposals for improvement in approaches, methods, procedures and processes in the own field.
- Handle communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered.
- Contribute to project as a team member
The required qualifications are:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sourcing.
- And ideally you will have the following characteristics:
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
As a consultant for Vega Consultants, you will receive competitive compensation and benefits and regular follow-up and support throughout your contract.
If this sounds like the position for you, then we would love to hear from you. Candidates will be assessed continuously, so send us your application today!
Candidates will be reviewed continuously